What To Do If You’re In An Accident
At O'Connor & Associates, we understand that injury victims often worry about the next steps following a serious accident. Our experienced staff is here to help guide you through your recovery and to protect your right to compensation.
Our law firm has been helping Texas residents recover compensation for their injuries for more than 25 years. If you have been hurt in an accident, contact our Bryan law office. We provide straightforward guidance in the aftermath of an accident, helping victims make the decisions that will put them in the best possible legal position.
How Do I Preserve My Right To Compensation?
You only have one opportunity to obtain compensation following an injury. Taking some simple steps immediately following an accident can increase your chances of recovery. Those steps include:
- Determine whether anyone is injured. If necessary, call 911 for emergency medical assistance.
- Contact the police. A police report can provide valuable information in the future.
- Write down the names and phone numbers of anyone who witnessed the accident. Also copy the license plate number and the VIN number of the other vehicle.
- Photograph the scene. Some drivers carry a disposable camera in their glove compartment for this purpose, but photos taken on a cellphone can also provide valuable evidence.
- Write down your recollection of the accident as soon as possible so you can retain as much information as possible. Mention weather conditions and any unusual circumstances. Ask friends and family to do the same.
- Do not admit guilt, even if you feel you were at fault. Admitting guilt at this stressful, emotional stage of the process can greatly complicate matters moving forward.
- Speak to a lawyer as soon as possible, especially before speaking with an insurance representative.
Contact A College Station Serious Injury Attorney
When you contact our law firm, we will inform you of your rights, explain the legal process and clarify what it will take to obtain compensation for you. We will work closely with you throughout the entire process, keeping you well informed about your case at every step of the way.